The Gregynog Prize
One of the objects of Gwasg Gregynog, under its charitable status, is to promote the preservation and encouragement of the knowledge and traditional skills of letterpress. To that end Gwasg Gregynog is offering a prize of £500 for a book printed using traditional letterpress.
- The prize is to be awarded at the Oxford Fine Press Book Fair.
Any FPBA member can submit up to three books.
- A prize of £500 will be awarded to the FPBA member who, in the opinion of the judges, has produced the finest book using traditional letterpress techniques in the period since the last Oxford Fine Press Book Fair.
- A book must consist of folded and fastened sheets, protected by a binding or cover, and printed with inked metal type.
- There will be three judges: one will be nominated by Gwasg Gregynog, and two by the FPBA.
- One copy of each book being entered must be brought to the judges’ room before noon on the first day of the Fair.
- The result will be announced and awarded on the morning of the second day of the Fair, and the winning book will be put on show in one of the FPBA display cases at the Fair.